Thursday 24 October 2013

The Damned: TOPSHOP A/W 13 Makeup Collection

I know I blog a lot about TOPSHOP but I do work there so I have a first look at products!

Today I want to have a look at some of the A/W makeup collection. With Halloween a week today it is aptly named "The Damned". I love this collection and I already own a few products from it!

(I haven't had time to swatch these yet, but I hope too as soon as possible)



My favourite product is the Illuminating Face Powder - £14

Everyone should own a finishing powder and this is one of the best ones I've used.


The product has a  delicate fragrance and is beautiful smooth to the touch. To look at the product, at first glance has a shimmer to it and one may think it is a highlighter however, once buffed onto the skin with a powder brush you get no shimmer at all. The product does two things at once, it mattifies (which is great because no-one wants to be shiny) and it also gently diffuses light hitting the face for a perfectly smooth complexion. 

I'd say go and buy this, but be quick as I have a feeling this will sell out quickly!

Cheek and Eye Duo - £12

Named Bitten Cherry the cheek and duo is a lovely addition to the collection. The compact is split into two halves, one darker pink and one a frosty pale pink.


The darker colour works as a contour/blush when used on the cheeks and the lighter side working well as a highlighter. Also the two can be used on the eyelids for a frosty pink delicately smoky eye.

I've not used this product myself but I think has good potential.

Lips - £8

I have reviewed TOPSHOP lipstick before and I will again because they are great. At £8 each I think these lipsticks are a bargain for their quality. The three I've chosen to review are Wicked (left) Called Up (centre) and Ruthless (right)


Wicked is a lovely burgundy colour and comes in a creamy finish and gives long wearing moisture. This colour looks great with a clear gloss, for high shine vampiric drama.

Called Up has more purple undertones and the final colour is a beautiful berry colour. The finish of this product is again creamy, providing moisture throughout the day.

Ruthless is the most dramatic lipstick in the collection. It has a blue base and comes out a really deep almost black colour. Coming again in creamy finish this product won't dry your lips out. I say for ultimate drama apply a couple of layers and finish with a gentle dusting of translucent powder for a matte finish.

Velvet Lip - £10

A new product out there. Velvet Lip is a ultra pigmented lip cream drying to a powdery soft, ultimate matte finish. It comes in three colour Plush (middle) is a gorgeous purple colour. There is also Raven (right) which is a pure black and Velveteen Ribbons (left) a lovely deep red colour. 



These products dry very quickly so you need to apply as quickly as you can. First line the lips with a lip liner as close in colour to Velvet Lip as you can get and then get applying! It takes some practise as it's not like a normal lip colour but once you get it right it will look incredible.

Eye Gleam - £9

I've been waiting for TOPSHOP to make these and I hope they make more colours as I love them. These can be seen as a good dupe for the MAC paint pots. Eye Gleam is a mousse creamy eyeshadow. Coming at the moment in three colours Winter Frost (left) Bronze (centre) and Noir (right).



The products work great as a base for eyeshadows and as stand alone colours. They are heavily pigmented and have great lasting power. Winter Frost is a lovely pearlescent white colour, as well as an eyeshadow smooth a thin layer under the arch of the eyebrow for a cheeky highlight. Bronze does exactly what it says on the tin, a beautiful copper colour gives rich and warm tones. Noir is just amazing! The colour is a beautifully dark, a inky black colour with shimmer. It looks great in the light and creates a dramatic and sultry smoky eye. 

Matte Nails - £6

Matte nails are the most fashionable nails around at the moment. If you're going to paint your nails this A/W then try a matte nail varnish. Keeping in with the Halloween theme TOPSHOP have created a lovely range of deep, rich matte nail colours.


Brutal (left) is a gorgeous berry/purple colour. Drizzle (middle) is a purple-ly based steel grey (one of my favourites, it's so chic) and also Dress Up (right) a gorgeous red colour, get your vamp on!

Whichever shade you choose, you cannot go wrong with a matte nail.


Like I said I love this collection and I'm sure you will too! Let me know how you get on with any of these products if you go and get them!

Much love
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment